Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ma Qingxiong



Where are the blogs/websites by people who love landscape painting? (I mean .... not just their own )

I hope I can find some --- but on that search --- I've found the site of Ma Quingxiong , who - so far -- though I haven't seen that many -- is my favorite living painter in a traditional Chinese genre.

Regretfully, his landscapes exemplify his "signature style of blending the philosophy and technique of Chinese painting with western art concept" (maybe they look better in person ?)

But, fortunately, he allows his paintings of flowers and birds to remain more Chinese.

Doesn't the above painting feel fresh and sweet -- like a young bird about to fly?
(I'd like to feel that way every morning)





http://www.maqingxiong.com/flowerBird.htm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting hop through the flowers. Your description reminded me of Herbert's "The Flower: "how sweet and clean / Are thy returns! ev’n as the flowers in spring."

Jeanne has responded to your Willow, Wine, Mirror, Moon comments...

January 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<