Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Artopolis 2009 - Next


The "Next" exhibit
(of younger galleries and artists)
is mostly a vast wasteland for me -
one MFA project after another.

But
I did like a few things,
like this head painted by the German artist,
Christian Schoeler.






John Copland (b. 1975)


And here's an amusing young American painter.

The large, 8 ft. painting doesn't quite hold together
except as a gag.





but I enjoy its details





Claire Sherman


and I like this large scale painting,
that seems to be
architectural in ambition.

She should be painting murals
for a zoo cafeteria.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

chris
you need to get away from this show :)
lets meet at tefaf next spring
sir g

May 23, 2009  
Blogger Paul Bouchard said...

Great blog! I'm having fine time burrowing my way through it all.

May 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<